Monday, April 25, 2005

RTV: The debate rages on.

Well, good ol' BJ replied to my last post on this topic... still not getting the point. Lets look at what he says that might further my argument.

Yeah, you have the right to criticize them for it... but acting incredulous at what they say in an email YOU signed up for is simply immature - as I was pointing out.
Again, BJ: it isn't what they said that caused me to write the article. In other words, it's not necessarily that I disagree with their stances on any particular topic. What I'm "incredulous" about is the fact that they take a stance on anything despite their stated goal of inspiring others to think for themselves. Do you suggest I unsubscribe from their emails and forget about them? Personally, I think immaturity lies in being complacent with the way others think and the way things are. Thank goodness abolitionists were mature enough to denounce slavery instead of turning a blind eye to it.

As for cursing... lol. If you are that easily offended, then perhaps I should not only refrain from "swear" words, but also use smaller ones... would that help? Take a Philosophy class, take a Communications class, take a Linguistics class, whatever... but do something to help you realize that the merit of an argument is not affected by the means in which it is presented, unless acted upon by the already established bias of the reader (your aversion to swearing).
Btw, your spelling mistake ("cricize") , capitalization error ("It's" ) and general condescending tone (such as the one I am taking now) make me think you're dumb. :roll:
First off, I have no aversion to swearing. I simply want to make my blog a place appropriate for all audiences. Second, if your opinion of my intelligence was determined by a single spelling error and a capitalization error, then you have other problems. Also, you said that cursing shouldn't affect the merit of an "argument". While this may be true, it seems that you have only asserted a point, ("If you don't like their stance, ignore them") and have then backed it up with well.. nothing, as far as I can see. You did throw in something about the Swift boat vets, but since two wrongs don't make a right, this seems irrelevant to me. I also find it ironic that in the same place you criticize my intelligence based on these things, that you use "lol" and "btw". I guess the fact that they're in the dictionary makes it ok (Reference). But what really amuses me is that, my debates with liberals, for the most part, always degenerate into "you're dumb!" It happened in 3rd grade and, I see, still occurs as we begin to enter the real world. Though, I guess, it doesn't stop there, as we saw it in the left's characterization of President Bush. I'm sure glad the public saw through it.

Also, I'd like to apologize to all if the tone of my previous post was condescending. It probably has something to do with the fact that I wrote it at 6:40 in the morning, and hadn't yet had my cup of coffee. (That probably influenced the "numerous" capitalization and spelling errors that plagued the posting.) However, since I now have a better picture of just how intellectually bankrupt this reader is, (evidenced by the fact that personal attacks have been the only arguments given to support his supposed "point") you can expect a condescending tone in regard to his messages in the future, because it is clear to me that such a tone is warranted at this time.

Now, dear readers, what can we learn from all of this? The main thing I see is that if all RTV supporters are as dense as this one, then it's a damn good thing someone is speaking out! People of his caliber are especially prone to being fooled by those who claim to take no stance.

I'm serious! Just ask CNN about their audience! ::Greg runs for cover::